Mura 5.5 Preview Released
The Mura 5.5 Preview release is now available. This is an important release for the Mura CMS platform that adds some great usability features to Mura CMS and sets the stage for some very cool features and enhancements in future releases.
Focusing largely on UI enhancements, Mura 5.5 includes:
- New Form Builder Easily create forms with a drag-and-drop interface
- Site Manager Enhancements Easily view child nodes by clicking the pointer next to a node with children (maintaining state as you use Mura) and edit node attributes directly from the Site Manager
- Object Configurator Configure individual instances of objects placed on pages with specific options via drag-and-drop and create per-instance custom image sizes in Local Indexes AND leverage this functionality in Mura Plugins
- Ability to assign separate layout templates for a node and all its children
- Collapsible Category Display in specific admin screens
- Performance Enhancements
- jQuery UI & jQuery Mobile Updates
- Default Merced theme now HTML 5
- New License Revised to further clarify the fact that third-party developers can distribute themes and plugins under their preferred license
- CKFinder and CKEditor updates (iOS 5 Support!)
- Updated Local Indexes to allow inclusion of nodes that are set to not be included in navigation
- Various Bug Fixes
- CFMX 7 support has been dropped
To update your Mura install to this preview release, follow these steps:
- Edit /config/settings.ini.cfm and set autoupdatemode=preview
- Reload Mura
- Go to Site Settings > Global Settings
- Click "Update Core Files to Latest Version"
- Wait patiently....there are a LOT of files to update
- Go to Site Settings > Edit Current Site and click "Update Site Files to Latest Version" OR manually update the following directories: "/[siteID]/includes/display_objects/formbuilder/" and "/[siteID]/includes/data_collection/index.cfm"
- Reload Mura
- Enjoy Mura 5.5
Alternatively, if you'd like to deploy a new instance of Mura 5.5, you can download it from GitHub.
Important! This preview release should not be used in a mission-critical, production environment.
If you notice any issues, please post them on our GitHub Bug Tracker.