Mura CMS 6 now available!
We're proud to announce that Mura CMS 6 is available for download, and ready for use in production environments. Mura CMS 6 represents a huge improvement in usability, and along with the sleek new user experience, contains many key new features.
After months of development and testing, Mura 6 is ready for production use. This release represents a huge leap forward in Mura CMS's user experience; we've created an entirely new UI that greatly improves every aspect of working with Mura CMS. You'll find controls and menus much easier to access and work with, tasks simpler and more direct to complete, and the entire admin experience much more organized and cohesive (not to mention attractive).
Our new UI is based on Twitter Bootstrap, and we've taken that great foundation and extended and improved it as we tailored the UI for Mura CMS. The use of Twitter Bootstrap has additional benefits beyond this redesign; Mura CMS plugin developers will be able to leverage Bootstrap for their own development efforts, and we'll be able to make the Mura CMS admin fully responsive in an upcoming release.
Some key features of the new Mura CMS admin include:
- Brand New UI (based on Twitter Bootstrap)
- Huge improvements in usability
- Allows plugin developers to leverage Bootstrap for plugins
- Streamlined Editing Forms
- Easier access to global and site-specific functionality
- Improved tagging
In addition to all the new UI goodness, we've added several great new features in Mura CMS 6. Some of the most interesting ones include:
- Inline content editing (quick edit mode) - this is incredibly cool!
- Image cropping & custom image sizes
- Multi-file upload (with drag & drop) directly to Site Manager
- Recurring Events in the Mura CMS Calendar
- Improved and updated MuraPlayer plugin (formerly MuraMediaPlayer)
- Updated Locale Translation Manager plugin with new "export for translation" functionality that allows the export of content to be sent to translation services for importing after being translated.
- Performance enhancements
- Theme-based site configuration via XML
- The WYSIWYG editor has been upgraded to the newly released, CK Editor 4
- Updated MuraBootstrap theme and site bundle
- MuraBootstrap carousel plugin
Live walkthrough and overview video
While the Mura Show is currently on hiatus, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to give everyone a hands-on look at Mura 6 so we'll be doing just that on Friday, December 14th at 1:00 PM (Pacific Time Zone). Join lead developers Matt Levine and Sean Schroeder, as well as other Mura CMS team members, as they give a demo of Mura 6 and answer questions about this great new release.
Until then, you can check out this 5-minute overview video of all that Mura 6 has to offer below:
Now that Mura 6 is wrapped up we can put the finishing touches on the official Mura Training Books. If you attended MuraCon 2012, you'll be getting a complete set of these, hot off the press. If not, they'll be available in the Mura Marketplace as soon as they're ready.
In partnership with Standing Cloud, we've launched MuraCloud.com - a cloud-powered Mura CMS hosting solution. More details on MuraCloud will be announced soon, but you can signup for a free test-drive on the cloud of our choosing today!
MURA 6.1 COMING SOON
If you're a Mura CMS user, you know we're not inclined to let the grass grow under our feet. Mura 6.1 is already in the queue and will revolve around adding "Approval Chains" to augment the currently available round-trip approval workflow in Mura. And as is always the case, there'll be many other enhancements and improvements.
Important technical notes: Mura CMS 6 does not support Adobe ColdFusion 8 or OpenBD, and the Mura Admin does not support IE 7 at all, or IE 8 when in compatibility mode. Please read our release notes in the documentation for more details.
We're very happy with this new version of Mura CMS, and feel confident that you will be too. Download a new copy here, or update your existing Mura CMS installation (be sure to backup first), or if you just want to test it out for right away, head over to MuraCloud.com and signup for a free test drive on our new cloud hosting infrastructure.