Since the name change from Sava CMS to Mura CMS (effectively the release of Mura CMS 5.1), a lot has gone into making Mura CMS more useful, more usable and more flexible. Today, we're announcing Mura CMS 5.2 to consolidate those improvements with a few new ones, including the first step in migrating the Mura CMS admin from the Fusebox framework to Sean Corfield's FW/1 framework. Here's a list of the most important new features you'll find in the next release of Mura CMS:
- Improved Front-End Editing - direct access for components, forms, local content indexes and more
- Copy All/Delete All in the Site Manager - copy/paste entire sections of your site
- Site Copy - make an exact copy of an existing site, content and all
- Improved Caching
- H1/H2 to Toggle Page Title Markup for your preferred SEO approach
- NEW Admin Framework: Sean Corfield’s FW/1
- Improved Plugin API: Mappings (Req's/Plugins)
- New Content Iterator
- New Event Hooks
- Bean Hooks: Save, Delete, Extended Attributes
- Remote Proxy
Each of these was discussed in the first episode of the Mura Show so if you'd like more info on any of these, it's covered in the 15 or 20 minutes, as well as in a couple of recent blog posts. We'll be blogging about each of the new features over the next few weeks - check back for more details. We've also updated the documentation to reflect some of these revisions and will be adding more.
Also, we are opening our documentation to the Mura CMS Community if you'd like to contribute. Please Contact Us if you're interested and we'll set you up.
Mura CMS 5.2 will be released in early 2010.