Designing Great Experiences for Your Audience and Your End-Users
January 12, 2018
When it comes to managing and delivering online content, clarity is key. Even when every aspect of a page is built with good intentions, too much of a good thing can be just that.
A simple, intuitive experience promotes far more return traffic than a site chock-full of ambiguous options, where a user simply can't find their way.
In this presentation, Emily Drumm from Global Cloud illustrates common UX problems from the end-user's point of view, along with some surprisingly simple solutions for streamlining both design and the management of content.
As a Product Designer, Emily has worked on sites for both nonprofit and for-profit clients. As she notes early in the presentation, "It's really easy to forget that we are not the target audience for the stuff that we make."
Designing websites for a CMS presents an additional challenge, with two drastically different experiences to account for — those who manage content behind the scenes, and the site visitors who interact with and consume the front-end pages.
As Emily shows in this presentation, the flexibility of the Mura Digital Experience Platform makes it possible to apply the principles and best practices of UX, maximizing usability and Flow for administrators and viewers alike.
Learn more about creating great digital experiences at MuraCon 2018, on April 4th and 5th in Sacramento, California.
- See this Video Presentation on YouTube: youtu.be/4oMZlaJNR_c
- MuraCon 2017 Video Playlist: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcKlNuw7UGaodvcjgPujAUdFN4rambGta
- Presentation Slides: 2017.muracon.com/schedule/ux-mura-cms-designing-great-experiences...
- Download or Contribute to Mura CMS on Github: github.com/blueriver/muracms
- Mura Information, Blog, Support, and Documentation: getmura.com